Grilled Shrimp and Scallops
Grilled Shrimp and Scallops is a recipe I love and I make it a lot. It’s very easy and fast also once the marinating is done
- 1/2 pound shrimp large, peeled, raw
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, cut in half
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 12 pineapple chunks
- 12 mandarin oranges
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, oil, catsup, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes in a bowl and mix well
- Pour marinade over shrimp, scallops and fruit chunks.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours
- Thread seafood and fruit on skewers and grill over medium fire until done, at least five minutes per side
- Alternatively, cook on a griddle inside.
- I usually cook this this inside on a griddle and skip the skewers. I just everything on the griddle and stir frequently.
- Cutting large sea scallops in half (in circles) makes them cook faster and more evenly